I sent round an email and a few people have expressed an interest. I’m adding it here to reach a wider audience to see if we can get sufficient numbers of people to have the class in the hall.
My name is Lisa Weller. I am a full-time artist and Wellbeing Coach, living and working in Wick, Caithness.
Would your community group be interested in a/some painting classes? With over a decade of teaching experience, Diplomas in Mindfulness and Life Coaching, plus first hand experience of the relaxing and healing benefits of creativity, it is my joy to teach others.
Painting brings so many benefits. Some of these are –
- Painting boosts relaxation by switching off the analytical mind, and increasing feel good hormones.
- Learning to paint improves wellbeing by creating feelings of accomplishment ad satisfaction in oneself.
- Landscape and Seascape Painting encourages connection with the natural landscape as observation skills are enhanced.
- Painting in a group eases feelings of isolation.
- Learning to paint increases over all happiness and provides a purpose and goals to achieve.
- Painting has been proven to bring relief from stress.
There are a variety of class formats I can provide, such as an introductory two hour session, or a block of six classes. All can be delivered in person, in your community venue of choice, or can be offered online, on an evening or day of your preference.
If you would like to find out more please reply, and I will gladly send you further details. If you would also like some guidance as to how to apply for funding for these classes please let me know.
Thank you for your time.