- How to get support from The Highland Council
The Highland Council is reminding the public there is still a full range of support and information available.
Access into all service point buildings continues to be currently restricted for people to complete birth registrations and other high priority registrations by appointment only, and following all current social distancing and hygiene guidance.
Contact can be made on the following numbers Monday to Friday 0800 to 1700 unless otherwise stated:
- COVID-19 Freephone Helpline – 0300 303 1362
- Council house repairs, pest control, housing applications and rent enquiries – 01349 886602
- Planning and Building Standards – 9am to 4pm Tuesday to Friday – 01349 886608 – Monday firstname.lastname@example.org
- Roads, flooding and street lighting – Emergency reports only – 01349 886601
- Domestic and commercial waste issues – 01349 886603
- Garden waste – 9am to 4pm Monday to Friday – 01349 886660
- Make a payment by debit or credit card – 01349 886605
- Elections helpline – 01349 886657
- Entitlement (Blue Badge, travel and National Entitlement Cards) – 9am and 3pm Tuesday to Thursday – 01349 886604
- Social Work Childrens Services – 01463 644460
- Social Work Out of Hours Team – 5pm to 9am Monday to Friday – 08457 697284. Open all day on weekends and public holidays.
- Help with claiming benefits, keeping up with bills and council tax – 0800 090 1004
- Help available to reduce business rates – 01463 702894
- Advice for Business – 01463 713889
Or by email for:
- Licensing – email@example.com
- Landlord Registration – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elections helpline – email@example.com
- For electoral registration queries – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Environmental Health – email@example.com
- Covid-19 Self-Isolation Support Grants
The Highland Council has published new information on the Coronavirus Covid-19 button on the front page of its website on how people can access the new Covid-19 Self-Isolation Support Grant – https://www.highland.gov.uk/coronavirus.
If you have been asked by NHS Test and Protect Service to self-isolate on or after 28th September 2020, you may be entitled to a £500 Self-Isolation Support Grant. Full eligibility details are outlined on the Highland Council website. Anyone wishing to apply should contact the Council’s Welfare Support Team on 0800 090 1004.
Welcoming this funding aimed at supporting the most vulnerable, the Leader of The Highland Council, Cllr Margaret Davidson said: “We are all aware of the many challenges people are facing so I am sure knowing this new and non-repayable self-isolation support grant is available, will give some reassurance and help relieve some of the stress and financial concerns people asked to isolate will have.”
- Public Health Scotland COVID Dashboard
Public Health Scotland now publishes a daily dashboard of information associated with the virus. This databoard contains information about the virus within each local area including by NHS Board and Local Authority area. There is also 7 day average information by neighbourhood and trend and demographic data. This information can be accessed at the following link and a guide to using this resource is attached. www.publichealthscotland.scot/our-areas-of-work/sharing-our-data-and-intelligence/coronavirus-covid-19-data-and-guidance/